The Gym Ltd are delighted to announce that each member can now avail of a full InBody 270 body composition analysis for free!
This innovative technology is 98.4% reliable against the world leading gold standard in body composition analysis, the DEXA scan. The test is quick, easy and non-invasive!
The InBody 270 can be used to help create a tailored plan for you to achieve your health related goals. You can add this invaluable tool to your arsenal to keep you motivatedand in touch with your goals with ease of repeatability and re-testing.
All members of The Gym Ltd can book in for their free appointment at any of our locations (Monasterevin, Newbridge and Carlow). Currently, each of our locations will have the InBody270 for 2 weeks at any given time, each gym will then offer times where members and non-members can test their body, sit down with one of our qualified fitness instructors and go through each detail of your analysis.
This machine can perform a full-body analysis in under 3 minutes. The details that are recorded include:
- Total Body Water
- Protein, Minerals
- Body Fat Mass
- Skeletal Muscle Mass
- Body Mass Index
- Body Fat Percentage
- Location of muscle and fat stores throughout the body
- Recommended Target Weight Waist to Hip Ratio
- Visceral Fat Level
- Basal Metabolic Rate
- Recommended Calorie Intake
For best test and re-test results, we recommend that participants follow the following procedures:
- If testing in the morning: test on a fasted stomach
- If testing in the afternoon or evening: test a minimum of two hours after eating*
*If planning on re-testing, take note of your food intake and exercise routine throughout the initial day of testing and repeat the same steps in the lead up to the re-test.
- Test after a toilet visit.
- Rest for10-15 minutes prior to testing.
- It must be performed pre-exercise.
- Remove excess weight (heavy clothing, pocket contents and accessories).
- Repeat at a similar time when re-testing (e.g. morning/afternoon/evening).
We recommend that you should not test if any of the following apply to you:
- If you have eaten within the last two hours.
- Immediately after exercising (e.g. resistance training, cycling, jogging, walking).
- After using a sauna or steam room.
- During the menstruation phase of a period.
- If you have a pacemaker.
- If you are pregnant.
- If you are wearing jewellery, belts, glasses, etc.
Should you have any questions, our staff are on hand to help answer your questions.
To book in for your assessment, contact any of our gyms and arrange a time that would suit you.